TRANSPORTATION LOGISTICS AND WAREHOUSING
PROSPERITY IS A DECISION WE MAKE WITH EVERY MOVE
One of our fastest growing industries, transportation, logistics and warehousing is thriving in DuPage County. That’s no surprise, as DuPage is located in the heart of America’s multi-modal transportation system, with a steady flow of goods, people and information moving through the area. From around the country and across the globe, we’re taking the “movement” industry to exciting new places.
- The existing warehousing inventory in the North DuPage, O’Hare, and I-88 Corridor Markets, each of which include all or part of DuPage County, has over 144 million sq. ft. of rentable building area, making it one of the top markets in the Chicagoland area.
- The industrial vacancy rate in DuPage County is 5.6%, among the lowest in the region.
- Asking industrial rental rates are $7.16 per sq. ft., lower than the Cook County average of $7.48.
- Total 2019 industrial absorption in DuPage County was 6.86 million, showing continued strength and growth in the county in leasing, user sales and construction completions.
- DuPage County’s effective tax rate for urban industrial property is 1.26%.
LEADING & EMERGING SECTORS IN TRANSPORTATION, LOGISTICS AND WAREHOUSING
|INDUSTRY SECTOR||EMPLOYMENT||AVG. ANNUAL SALARY||LQ|
|FREIGHT TRANSPORTATION ARRANGEMENT||6,844||$69,613||6.81|
|GENERAL WAREHOUSING AND STORAGE||4,689||$53,384||1.19|
|GENERAL FREIGHT TRUCKING, LONG-DISTANCE, TRUCKLOAD||3,772||$62,398||1.52|
|GENERAL FREIGHT TRUCKING, LOCAL||2,453||$53,032||1.87|
|COURIERS AND EXPRESS DELIVERY SERVICES||2,166||$40,904||0.80|
|SCHOOL AND EMPLOYEE BUS TRANSPORTATION||1,569||$24,750||1.42|
|TRANSPORTATION, LOGISTICS, AND WAREHOUSING – ALL||33,252||$58,305||1.17|
Source: JobsEQ, Q1, 2018
MAJOR TRANSPORTATION, LOGISTICS AND WAREHOUSING EMPLOYERS IN DUPAGE COUNTY
|1||HUB GROUP, INC.||OAK BROOK||345|
|2||TRANSDEV NORTH AMERICA, INC,||LOMBARD||75|
|3||ROADRUNNER TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS, INC.||DOWNERS GROVE||95|
|4||DURHAM SCHOOL SERVICES, L.P.||LISLE||85|
|5||SIRVA, INC.||OAKBROOK TERRACE||550|
|6||TRANSDEV SERVICES, INC.||LOMBARD||400|
|7||NATIONAL EXPRESS LLC||LISLE||239|
|8||SUPERIOR BULK LOGISTICS||OAK BROOK||60|
|9||SIRVA WORLDWIDE, INC.||OAKBROOK TERRACE||550|
|10||AIT WORLDWIDE LOGISTICS, INC,||ITASCA||283|
|11||SEKO GLOBAL LOGISTICS NETWORK, LLC||ITASCA||1|
|12||INTERMODAL ACQUISITION, LLC||DARIEN||93|
|13||C.H. ROBINSON FREIGHT SERVICES, LTD.||WOOD DALE||200|
|14||COOK-ILLINOIS CORP.||OAK BROOK||14|
|15||HUB CITY TERMINALS, INC.||OAK BROOK||173|
Source: Intersect Illinois, Jan 2020