NOTICES & DISCLOSURES
Choose DuPage Economic Development Alliance (“We”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you subscribe to our SMS and email communication (“Services”), visit the website www.choosedupage.com (our “Website”), individuals who request information, and event attendees, and our practices for collecting, using, maintain, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“) if you voluntarily provide that information;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as demographic or biographical information that you voluntarily provide to us; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and Services, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website and Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website and/or subscribing to our Services. This includes information provided at the time of requesting further services. Please note that we do not request or require you to provide any personally identifiable information or personal health information via our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Please see below for information on how you can opt-out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies (or browser cookies), flash cookies, or web beacons.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Choose DuPage, our employees, our clients, or others.
Your Data Choices
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information.
- SMS Messaging. Reply STOP to end or HELP for help. Message and data rates may apply.
You may also request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
This web page is not recommended for sending us private information. Do not send us private health information, including medical diagnosis, treatment, or conditions. Do not send us bank, credit, or other private financial information through this web page. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
2525 Cabot Drive, Suite 303
Lisle, Illinois 60532
By signing up for one or more text messaging programs, you expressly consent to receive marketing or non-marketing text messages, as applicable, from Choose DuPage and others texting on its behalf, including text messages made with an SMS texting system at the telephone number(s) that you provide. You may opt-out of these communications at any time. Consent to receive text messages is not required. In addition, consent is not a condition of any purchase.
Choose DuPage and its service providers may use an SMS texting system to deliver text messages to you. Choose DuPage’s text messages are intended to provide you with marketing and promotional information regarding Choose DuPage’s services.
To opt-in to receive text messages from Choose DuPage text messaging program(s), please follow the instructions provided by the specific program from which you wish to receive messages. For example, you may be asked to send a keyword to subscribe.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us. You understand and agree that alternative methods of opting out, such as using alternative words or requests will not be accounted as a reasonable means of opting out.
For any questions please text “HELP” to the number you received the messages from. You can also contact us for more information. If you wish to opt out, please follow the procedures above. You may also receive help by contacting Choose DuPage at (331) 401-5822 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supported Wireless Carriers
This program supports all major carriers across the United States including AT&T, Spring, Boost Mobile, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Verizon, US Cellular, Google Voice, MetroPCS, among others.
The number of Choose DuPage text messages that you receive will vary depending on which Choose DuPage text messaging programs for which you sign up to receive messages and the frequency of the messages sent by those programs. You will receive a maximum of six messages per month per Choose DuPage text messaging program.
Message and data rates may apply when sending and receiving text messages from Choose DuPage.
Choose DuPage provides the data on this website as a service to the public. Choose DuPage makes no warranty, representation, or guaranty as to the content, accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of any of the data provided at this website. Choose DuPage makes this data available on an “as is” basis and explicitly disclaims any representations and warranties. Choose DuPage shall assume no liability for: any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the data provided at this website regardless how caused; or, any decision made or action taken or not taken by anyone using or relying upon data provided at this website. Choose DuPage assumes no liability for any virus or other damage to any computer that might occur during or as a result of accessing this website or the data provided herein.