Choose DuPage has released its Second Quarter Economic Indicators Report.
- DuPage County’s unemployment rate was 12.6% in May; down from 14.8% in April. DuPage has the lowest unemployment rate in the region.
- In May, 83% of those laid off said it was temporary.
- Unemployment claims dropped 50% from April to May.
- At the end of Q2, there were over 55,000 job opportunities posted in DuPage County.
- The office vacancy rate remained at 13.8% in Q2, slightly lower than it was during the same time last year.
- The industrial vacancy rate dropped to 6%, from 6.5% during Q1.