Promote Regional Economic Cooperation
Regional economic development cooperation is needed now more than ever to keep DuPage and the regional economy strong and prosperous. As a region we must implement strategies that fuel our economic strength and in turn create a vibrant business climate that attracts and retains workers and businesses, grows our regional economy, and establishes the area as an attractive place to do business.
Choose DuPage understands that a strong region means a strong DuPage, so we must continue to collaborate with our partners, especially as we address the impact of the pandemic on our economy and plan for a post-pandemic recovery.
- Continue to be a leading partner on the Region’s Recovery Task Force and begin to implement the strategic direction of the completed Regional Economic Recovery Plan.
- Consider incorporating CMAP’s “Regional Pitch Book” and other measures to promote regional branding into Choose DuPage’s Marketing Initiatives.
- Support the DCVB and CMAP on the expeditious completion of “The Only Thing Missing is You”, the regional travel and tourism campaign under development to establish a coordinated message and strategy for “reopening” the travel and tourism sectors.
- Host a virtual economic development summit with economic development leaders from Will, Cook, Lake, McHenry, and Kane counties to discuss issues and ways to collaborate on regional economic issues.
- Identify areas where multi-level partnerships are needed to address specific issues related to economic development. For example, addressing coordinated fiber installation, utility planning, transportation planning or county border issues.