Small Business Relief
A program to support DuPage County small businesses, independent contractors, and nonprofits impacted by COVID-19.
In an effort to assist small businesses, independent contractors, and nonprofits impacted by COVID-19, DuPage County in conjunction with Choose DuPage is providing grants to use for employee retention payroll, utilities, and rent.
Small businesses and nonprofits with fewer than 15 full-time employees and less than $1.5 million in annual gross revenue may apply for a grant up to $15,000.
Independent contractors with more than 50% of their annual gross income coming from 1099 work, and an annual gross income of less than $100,000 may apply for a grant up to $7,500.
Businesses, nonprofits, and contractors that have received other funds intended for this purpose (i.e. PPP, EIDL) are not eligible. Additionally, no member of the DuPage County Board or the Chairman, Choose DuPage Board, members of the grant decision committee, or the immediate family members thereof shall be eligible for this grant.
TO FIND OUT IF YOU QUALIFY, ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS:
- Are you a business, nonprofit, or 1099 independent contractor located in DuPage County, Illinois?
- Were you in business as of February 15, 2020?
- Has your business been affected by COVID-19, making this grant request necessary to support your ongoing operations?
- If you are a small business or nonprofit, do you have less than 15 full-time employees, and less than $1.5 million in gross annual revenue?
- If you are a 1099 independent contractor, does at least 50% of your gross income come from 1099 work, and is your annual gross income less than $100,000?
If you answered YES to all of the above, you could be eligible to receive a grant from this program. Note: you are not eligible if you have received other funds intended for this purpose (i.e. PPP, EIDL).
How to Apply
To apply for this program, you must complete an online application.
The application will ask for information about your business including how it is organized, years in business, number of employees, annual revenue/income, etc. You will need to provide a description of how your business has been impacted by COVID-19 including anticipated revenue decline or less, the purpose of your loan request, and a detailed breakdown of how those funds will be used.
If your application is conditionally approved, you will also need to provide the following:
- Income statement for year ending in 2019 (e.g. Form 1120, Form 1065, Form 1040)
- Proof of costs for which the funds are being requested (e.g. payroll records, rent or mortgage statements, utility bills)
- Secretary of State Certificate of Good Standing (for corporations)
- Proof of revenue decline
How it Works
Once we have received your application, it will be reviewed by a committee. You will be notified via email if your application has been approved or denied. If your application has been conditionally approved, you will receive instructions on any additional information or documentation needed, as well as how funds will be dispersed.
After receiving funds, you will be required to provide proof that the funds were used for their intended purpose.
Contact Choose DuPage at email@example.com. Please allow 2-3 business days for a reply.
Watch the Webinar
On Friday, May 15, Choose DuPage hosted an information webinar about the Small Business Relief Grant program. Click here to view a recording.