Small Business Relief
A program to support DuPage County small businesses, independent contractors and nonprofits impacted by COVID-19.
In an effort to assist those impacted by COVID-19, DuPage County in conjunction with Choose DuPage is providing grants to businesses, nonprofits and 1099 workers to use for business expenses such as employee retention payroll, utilities, and rent.
UPDATE: If you were previously ineligible for this grant because you received other funds intended for this purpose (i.e. PPP, EIDL) you may be eligible now.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
The DuPage County Small Business Relief Grant Program reviews applications on a first-come, first-served basis. All application submitted prior to Friday, August 28th at 3:00PM CST will be reviewed. Choose DuPage cannot guarantee that all submitted applications will be approved.
Small businesses and nonprofits with fewer than 15 full-time employees and less than $1.5 million in annual gross revenue may apply for a grant up to $15,000.
Independent contractors with more than 50% of their annual gross income coming from 1099 work, and an annual gross income of less than $100,000 may apply for a grant up to $7,500.
No member of the DuPage County Board or the Chairman, Choose DuPage Board, members of the grant decision committee, or the immediate family members thereof shall be eligible for this grant.
If you have previously received funding from the DuPage County Small Business Relief program, you are not eligible.
TO FIND OUT IF YOU QUALIFY, ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS:
- Are you a business, nonprofit, or 1099 independent contractor located in DuPage County, Illinois?
- Were you in business as of February 15, 2020?
- Has your business been affected by COVID-19, making this grant request necessary to support your ongoing operations?
- If you are a small business or nonprofit, do you have less than 15 full-time employees, and less than $1.5 million in gross annual revenue?
- If you are a 1099 independent contractor, does at least 50% of your gross income come from 1099 work, and is your annual gross income less than $100,000?
If you answered YES to all of the above, you could be eligible to receive a grant from this program.
How to Apply
To apply for this program, you must complete an online application.
The application will ask for information about your business including how it is organized, years in business, number of employees, annual revenue/income, etc. You will need to provide a description of how your business has been impacted by COVID-19 including anticipated revenue decline or loss, the purpose of your loan request, and a detailed breakdown of how those funds will be used.
If your application has been recommended for additional review, you will also need to provide the following:
- Income statement for year ending in 2019 or 2018 (e.g. Form 1120, Form 1065, Form 1040)
- Proof of costs for which the funds are being requested (e.g. payroll records, rent or mortgage statements, utility bills)
- Secretary of State Certificate of Good Standing (for corporations)
- Proof of revenue decline
- W-9 Form
How it Works
Once we have received your application and supporting documents, it will be reviewed by a committee. You will be notified via email if your application has been approved or denied or if additional information is required.
After receiving funds, you will be required to provide proof that the funds were used for their intended purpose.
Contact Choose DuPage at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 2-3 business days for a reply.
Watch the Webinar
On August 12, Choose DuPage hosted an informational webinar about the Small Business Relief Grant Program. Click here to view the recording.