Small Business Relief
A program to support DuPage County restaurants impacted by COVID-19.
In an effort to assist restaurants impacted by COVID-19, DuPage County, in conjunction with Choose DuPage, is providing grants to restaurants to use for business expenses such as employee retention payroll, utilities, and rent.
NOTE: You must be in compliance with the Gubernatorial Executive Orders in order to be eligible for a grant.
If you have previously received funding from the DuPage County Small Business Relief Grant Program, you are not eligible to apply again.
If you were previously ineligible for this program because you received other funds intended for this purpose (i.e. PPP, EIDL) you may be eligible now. Note: if such funds caused your income to exceed pre-COVID income, you may not be eligible.
Restaurants with less than $4 million in annual gross revenue may apply for a grant up to $15,000.
No member of the DuPage County Board or the Chairman, Choose DuPage Board, members of the grant decision committee, or the immediate family members thereof shall be eligible for this grant.
If you have previously received funding from the DuPage County Small Business Relief program, you are not eligible.
TO FIND OUT IF YOU QUALIFY, ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS:
- Are you a restaurant or food service establishment located in DuPage County, Illinois?
- Does 50% or more of your revenue come from the sale of food or liquor?
- Has your business been affected by COVID-19, making this grant request necessary to support your ongoing operations?
- Is your gross revenue less than $4 million?
- Are you, at the time of this application, in compliance with the Gubernatorial Executive Orders which prohibit all indoor dining and bar activity related to the COVID-19 pandemic?
If you answered YES to all of the above, you could be eligible to receive a grant from this program.
How to Apply
To apply for this program, you must complete an online application.
The application will ask for information about your business including how it is organized, years in business, number of employees, annual revenue/income, etc. You will need to provide a description of how your business has been impacted by COVID-19 including anticipated revenue decline or loss, the purpose of your loan request, and a detailed breakdown of how those funds will be used.
If your application has been recommended for additional review, you will also need to provide the following:
- Tax return for year ending in 2019 or 2018 (e.g. Form 1120, Form 1065, Form 1040)
- Proof of costs for which the funds are being requested (e.g. payroll records, rent or mortgage statements, utility bills)
- Proof of revenue decline
- Secretary of State Certificate of Good Standing or local restaurant/business license
- W-9 Form
How it Works
Applications will generally be reviewed on a first-come, first-served bases. However, during this final application period, incomplete applications, regardless of the date and time submitted, may be reviewed after more complete applications have been reviewed. This may result in incomplete applications not being granted funds even though the application was submitted prior to other applications.
Once we have received your application and supporting documents, your file will be reviewed by the Small Business Relief Grant Committee. You will be notified via email if your application has been approved or denied or if additional information is required.
If your business receives grant funds, you will be required to provide proof that the funds were used for their intended purpose and in accordance with all guidelines of the program.
Contact Choose DuPage at email@example.com. Please allow 2-3 business days for a reply.
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED