The Choose DuPage Board of Directors is accepting applications for the position of Choose DuPage President & CEO. The profile and accountabilities for this important leadership role is presented below.
Advance the mission and goals of Choose DuPage through achievements from region-wide collaborations within and outside the borders of DuPage County; effective recruitment, retention and active participation of the Choose DuPage Board of Directors; impactful fundraising from the business community, coupled with financial support provided by DuPage County; and insightful leadership of initiatives implemented by the Choose DuPage staff that add value to the economic development and vitality of the region.
- Leads the sourcing, identification and successful recruitment of new business investment opportunities in support of Choose DuPage objectives and initiatives
- Identifies and capitalizes upon regional collaboration opportunities with other public and private economic development organizations to bring economic development support to the Region and County
- Seeks and acquires access to external economic development initiatives for the benefit of the County of DuPage
- Develops and enhances strong, productive relationships with companies, agencies and organizations related to commercial development
- Ensures prompt and effective response to outside companies’ and organizations’ requests for proposals (RFPs); follows through on RFPs to secure opportunities for attracting new business development for the County
- Sources, identifies and implements required economic development tools, programs and initiatives to further the competitiveness of DuPage County regionally
- Leads the solicitation of funding support from the business community, including Board member recruitment
- Fosters an engaged and active Board of Directors, made up of business leaders and DuPage County government officials
- Creates and sets strategies, tactics and goals with staff for the organization
- Recruits, retains and develops a professional staff and fosters individual and team achievements
- Leads the creation and timely delivery of effective communications for the Board and the Region at-large on economic development best practices and regional development conditions
- Consistently informs and updates the Choose DuPage Board members and investors of economic development initiatives and quantifiable results
- Actively engages with partner organizations, businesses and governments on behalf of Choose DuPage, enhancing the credibility and effectiveness of the organization
Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related degree and ten years of business-related leadership experience in the Economic Development field including five years in a significant management-level position; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
Will be a resident within DuPage County
Compensation provided will be commensurate with depth of relevant experience and track record of accomplishments
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their resume to Search Committee at email@example.com.