Choose DuPage, a 501(c)(6) organization seeks a qualified candidate to fill the role of Vice President of Economic Development. The Vice President of Economic Development will serve on the Choose DuPage leadership team and report directly to the President of Choose DuPage. The Vice President, Economic Development will work closely with other members of the Choose DuPage team, its consultants, and Board of Directors.
This frontline, senior leadership position is responsible for implementing and leading the overall economic development strategy designed to accomplish the organization’s mission.
- Oversee implementation and updates to the Choose DuPage strategic plan and, in collaboration with the county, oversee the development of an ED strategic plan for the county including any future developments or initiatives.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of Choose DuPage including managing staff, overseeing marketing activities including social media activity, updates to the website, newsletter, etc., and manage membership in associations.
- Develop in collaboration with the CEO, an annual budget
- Plan and oversee programming and events in support of the agency’s economic development initiatives.
- Regularly update members, government officials and non-profits regarding programs and goals of Choose DuPage and solicit feedback and support for initiatives.
- Engage in business attraction activities including outreach to domestic and international companies and site selectors, relationship building, and tracking prospects.
- Respond daily to prospect inquiries and prepare responses to RFIs and RFPs, as appropriate.
- Coordinate and host prospect tours.
- Monitor needs of existing DuPage County businesses by scheduling meeting with businesses and other outreach activities.
- Work with marketing team to develop materials for business attraction and retention.
- Conduct all research and prepare analytical reports for Choose DuPage, municipalities, and other key stakeholders in support of economic development. This includes, but is not limited to, industry specific analytics, municipal economic overview reports and municipal profiles, supply chain analyses, job/occupation/wage trends, demographic reports, retail gap analyses, project economic impact reports, quarterly economic indicators, and Co-Star real estate reports. Oversee the purchase and maintenance of database contracts.
- Track and monitor new projects in DuPage County, across all industry sectors.
- Provide business attraction, retention, and expansion updates to the Choose DuPage Board on a regular basis, as well as updates on the agency’s economic development initiatives.
- Serve on boards as a representative of Choose DuPage, as approved by the President, and participate in community events to promote the organization or business community at-large.
- Be able to work flexible and a non-traditional schedule. Attend morning and evening functions, such as networking events, that would increase member engagement or sponsorships.
- Attend trade shows and conventions to promote the county
- Develop relationship with administrative staff responsible for key departments including administration, planning, engineering, and transportation.
- Attend subcommittee meetings, as requested.
- Foster collaboration with the Workforce Development staff and board.
- Foster relationships with the DuPage Business Community, across all industry sectors.
- Present at municipal EDC meetings and municipal governing board meetings, as requested.
- Survey employers as needed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the IEDA/IEDC, DCEO, Intersect Illinois, Illinois Department of Transportation, and other government partners to connect the business community of DuPage County with resources available at the state level as appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of state incentive programs.
Other industry and non-profit partners:
- Work with other key economic development stakeholders including utility companies, CMAP, World Business Chicago, and other county economic development agencies, as well as industry sector groups, on issues that impact DuPage County and northeastern Illinois.
- Establish relationships with development and commercial real estate firms, banks and lending institutions, utilities, site selectors, and relocation consultants.
- Identify, develop, and maintain relationships with other strategic partners such as the Tourism Bureau, the Regional Office of Education, and institutions of higher education.
- Work with Innovation DuPage to create a more robust entrepreneurial and small business ecosystem in the county.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economic development, political science, public policy, urban studies, real estate, government administration, land development or master planning, or similar field.
- Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- Five to seven years of progressively more responsible experience in the field of economic development, preferable at a local or county level.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered when competency is demonstrated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise in the use of data to analyze demographics and industry related information to understand local economic conditions and forecasting.
- Exhibit a strong attention to detail, high level customer service, problem solving, and project management abilities.
- Keen analytical and organizational skills are required to direct data gathering and analysis, formulation of reports and presentations.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion and judgement in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Possess the ability to perform well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be able and willing to travel.
- Knowledge of DuPage County and Illinois preferred.
This is a full-time, salaried position, salary commensurate with experience. Bonus(es) may be awarded at the discretion of the President with Board approval. Mileage, cell phone (fixed amount) and any entertainment expenses will be reimbursed based on approval of the President. The successful candidate must carry automobile insurance on his/her personal vehicle.
To apply, send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Choose DuPage
Choose DuPage is an Economic Development Corporation in partnership with business, government and non-profits dedicated to growing the economy of DuPage County Illinois through programs and services that result in business attraction, retention, and expansion. Website: www.choosedupage.com
Choose DuPage serves DuPage County, a county consisting of thirty-nine (39) municipalities with more than 900,000 residents. DuPage County consistently ranks in the top counties in the country.