Choose DuPage, a 501(c)(6) organization seeks a qualified candidate to fill the role of Director of Membership. This position is responsible for designing and implementing the Choose DuPage membership growth and retention strategy that aligns with Choose DuPage’s strategic objectives.
The Director of Membership is responsible for leading the development, implementation and evaluation of membership growth strategies, as well as day-to-day management of Choose DuPage’s member engagement. They will also serve as the liaison for associated committees to build a strong membership culture within the organization; work closely with the President & CEO and Board of Directors to achieve the goal of Choose DuPage membership while delivering and ensuring the highest level of service to our members. This position reports to the President & CEO.
- Leads the association’s overall efforts to recruit, retain, and engage membership.
- Collaborates with the CEO, all staff, and key members to:
- Create a roadmap for sustainable membership growth;
- Establish short- and long-range plans and goals to achieve organization membership objectives;
- Outline a data-driven member engagement, retention, and recruitment strategy and implementation plan.
- Develop strategies and programs to stimulate member engagement as a means of membership renewal.
- Identify opportunities and collaborate with colleagues to enhance member benefits and services offered by Choose DuPage.
- Develop strategies to measure and strengthen member engagement.
- Work with both staff and members to develop and manage processes for feedback on Choose DuPage membership, programs, and services.
- Oversite of all membership data, tracking and reporting, including but not limited to:
- Accurate membership records
- Membership trend analysis
- Recruitment and retention reports
- Current, new and prospective member information
- Member experience throughout join and renewal process
- Initiate and manage strategic partnerships with other auxiliary-related associations and groups to help recruitment and retention of membership; including, but not limited to, attendance at these types of conferences/events to represent the association.
- Works with CEO to set annual membership goals. Provides monthly insight into membership revenue and tracking to annual goals.
- Serves as staff liaison to the Membership and other Committees; assist the committee chairs in the planning of meetings, development of the agenda, and in the execution of all committee activities.
- Functions as the staff liaison to the various leadership teams.
The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience required or preferred. This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in membership or constituent management position preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in growing membership/customers and strengthening membership/customer retention.
- An understanding of the higher education industry preferred.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills with stakeholders, anticipate needs, determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Experience with database management.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to high level of customer service.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills in order to interact effectively with members and customers outside the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and follow through effectively.
- Ability to travel to represent Choose DuPage at professional conferences, leadership meetings, and in the normal course of membership development activities.
*Remote employment may be considered.
*Relocation expenses to DuPage County will be considered for the right candidate.
*Candidates will not be considered for an interview without a cover letter.
*Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, retirement plan and paid time off.
Please note: This job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Choose DuPage
Choose DuPage is an Economic Development Corporation in partnership with business, government and non-profits dedicated to growing the economy of DuPage County Illinois through programs and services that result in business attraction, retention, and expansion. Website: www.choosedupage.com.
Choose DuPage serves DuPage County, a county consisting of thirty-nine (39) municipalities with more than 900,000 residents. DuPage County consistently ranks in the top counties in the country.