Choose DuPage is joining the Intersect Illinois delegation that is in Germany this week for a jobs mission with Governor Rauner and members of Team Illinois. The jobs mission will have a brief stop in Poland before continuing to Germany. Between April 17th and April 24th, the Team will cover over 1,600 miles and attend 20 plus meetings.
This will be Governor Rauner’s first European trip as Governor. He, along with Intersect Illinois, leaders in business, education, and the government comprise “Team Illinois” and will begin the Germany portion of the trip in Munich.
The Governor will lead Team Illinois along with Mark Peterson, President & CEO of Intersect Illinois, Sean McCarthy, Director at the Illinois Department of Commerce, Erik Brejla, Assistant Deputy Director and Foreign Direct Investment and Site Selection, of the Illinois Department of Commerce, and Kelly Nicholl, Chief Marketing Officer of Intersect Illinois. Team Illinois consists of a talented group of individuals who possess a wealth of knowledge and experience as it relates to Illinois and this jobs mission.
Representing Illinois are the following individuals:
- Mark Peterson – President & CEO – Intersect Illinois
- Sean McCarthy – Director – Illinois Department of Commerce
- Erik Brejla – Assistant Deputy Director – Foreign Direct Investment and Site Selection – Illinois Department of Commerce
- Kelly Nicholl – Chief Marketing Officer – Intersect Illinois
- Jason Anderson – Economic Development Director – City of Rochelle
- Greg Baise – President & CEO – Illinois Manufacturers Association
- John Carpenter – President & CEO – Choose DuPage
- Kevin Considine – President & CEO – Lake County Partners
- Mark Denzler – Vice President & COO – Illinois Manufacturers Association
- Dr. Kenneth Ender – President – Harper College
- Matt Gambs – Senior Vice President – Wintrust Financial; Board, Illinois Chamber
- Anna Morzy – Founding Member Polish American Committee; Former President – Polish American Leadership
- Edward Seidel – Vice President of Economic Development and Innovation – University of Illinois System
- Mark Tomkins – President & CEO – German American Chamber of Commerce of the Midwest
- Terry Wilkerson – President – Rend Lake Community College
- Andria Winters – Senior Director of Business Services – CBRE
With over 1,800 foreign owned companies in Illinois generating $100B in FDI, Foreign Direct Investment continues to be a focus for Team Illinois. Marketing Illinois as a global hub for business to international job creators will bring new opportunities to forge partnerships and advance the state’s economic growth. With the superior access to international travel as well as Illinois’ talented workforce, we are excited to bring this message across the globe.
The trip has a busy itinerary that includes visits to companies that have existing facilities in Illinois, as well as exciting announcements of new operations within the state. The perfect conclusion to this whirlwind will be Hannover Messe where the team will meet with various Illinois companies exhibiting at the world’s largest manufacturing trade show. Hannover Messe boasts over 6,500 exhibitors from 70+ countries and 225K trade visitors.