One of our fastest growing industries, transporation, logistics and warehousing is thriving in DuPage County. That's no surprise, as DuPage is located in the heart of America's multi-modal transportation system, causing a stead flow of goods, people and information through the area. From around the country and across the globe, we're taking the "movement" industry to exciting new places.
- The existing warehousing inventory in the West Suburban Market which includes DuPage County has over 180 million sq. ft. of rentable building area, making it one of the top two markets in the Chicagoland area.
- There are 3,284 warehouse buildings in the West Suburban Submarket, more than any other market in the area.
- The current vacancy rate of 5.4%, the lowest in the market area. Asking rental rates are $4.70 per sq. ft., lower than the Chicago Market average of $4.84.
- In DuPage County there is over 1,100 acres of land that are four acres or larger available for new development, equating to 16.5 million sq. ft. of new industrial development potential in the county.
- New construction starts in the industrial market continue to rise in DuPage County. Of the 6.5 million sq. ft. of new construction in the Chicago Industrial Market, approximately 10% is in DuPage County (as of 3Q 2013).
- Positive absorption remains in all industrial submarkets in DuPage County, showing continued strength and growth in the county in leasing, user sales and construction completions.
- DuPage County has the lowest property tax rate compared to all counties in northeastern Illinois at 0.1410 which translates into a substantial tax savings as compared to buildings in neighboring counties. (Will County, 0.5696, Cook County, 0.5310, Lake County, 0.491, Kane County, 0.3989, and McHenry County, 0.9958).
AVERAGE SALARIES FOR TRANSPORTATION, LOGISTICS AND WAREHOUSING
||AVG. ANNUAL SALARY
|TRANSPORTATION AND WAREHOUSING
|SUPPORT ACTIVITIES FOR TRANSPORTATION
|WAREHOUSING AND STORAGE
|TRANSIT AND GROUND PASSENGER TRANSPORTATION
|COURIERS AND MESSENGERS
|SCENIC AND SIGHTSEEING TRANSPORTATION
Source: JobsEQ, Q1 2016
MAJOR TRANSPORTATION, LOGISTICS AND WAREHOUSING EMPLOYERS IN DUPAGE COUNTY
||R.R. DONNELLEY & SONS COMPANY
||UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INC.
||CENTRAL STATES LOGISTICS, INC.
||SIRVA WORLDWIDE, INC.
||AIT WORLDWIDE LOGISTICS, INC.
||RJW LOGISTICS, INC.
||XPO CNW, INC.
||XPO LOGISTICS, INC.
||DEMAR LOGISTICS INC.
||HUB GROUP, INC.
||RJW TRANSPORT, INC.
||BP OIL PIPELINE COMPANY
||TRANSDEV SERVICES, INC.
Source: Dun & Bradstreet's Market Insight Database, June 2016