One of our fastest growing industries, transporation, logistics and warehousing is thriving in DuPage County. That's no surprise, as DuPage is located in the heart of America's multi-modal transportation system, causing a stead flow of goods, people and information through the area. From around the country and across the globe, we're taking the "movement" industry to exciting new places.
- The existing warehousing inventory in the North DuPage, O'Hare, and I-88 Corridor Markets, each of which include all or part of DuPage County, has over 144 million sq. ft. of rentable building area, making it one of the top markets in the Chicagoland area.
- The industrial vacancy rate in DuPage County is 5.2%, among the lowest in the region.
- Asking industrial rental rates are $5.64 per sq. ft., lower than the Cook County average of $6.15.
- Total industrial absorption QTD in DuPage County was 1.78 million, showing continued strength and growth in the county in leasing, user sales and construction completions.
- DuPage County's effective tax rate for urban industrial property is 1.26%.
LEADING & EMERGING SECTORS IN TRANSPORTATION, LOGISTICS AND WAREHOUSING
||AVG. ANNUAL SALARY
|FREIGHT TRANSPORTATION ARRANGEMENT
|GENERAL WAREHOUSING AND STORAGE
|GENERAL FREIGHT TRUCKING, LONG-DISTANCE, TRUCKLOAD
|GENERAL FREIGHT TRUCKING, LOCAL
|COURIERS AND EXPRESS DELIVERY SERVICES
|SCHOOL AND EMPLOYEE BUS TRANSPORTATION
| TRANSPORTATION, LOGISTICS, AND WAREHOUSING - ALL
Source: JobsEQ, Q1, 2018
MAJOR TRANSPORTATION, LOGISTICS AND WAREHOUSING EMPLOYERS IN DUPAGE COUNTY
||R.R. DONNELLEY & SONS COMPANY
||UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INC.
||CENTRAL STATES LOGISTICS, INC.
||SIRVA WORLDWIDE, INC.
||AIT WORLDWIDE LOGISTICS, INC.
||RJW LOGISTICS, INC.
||XPO CNW, INC.
||XPO LOGISTICS, INC.
||DEMAR LOGISTICS INC.
||HUB GROUP, INC.
||RJW TRANSPORT, INC.
||BP OIL PIPELINE COMPANY
||TRANSDEV SERVICES, INC.
Source: Dun & Bradstreet's Market Insight Database, June 2016